Is a Nationwide Essay Writing Contest.
Revised Contest Dates, Rules and Guidelines
1. The contest is open to all Filipinos, 16-22 years old. Contestants may or may not be currently enrolled in a Philippine school/college/university.
2. Contestants must describe in as much detail as possible the features of a future world they would like to see—The Future They Want—in no more than 2500 words. The content of the essay must adopt as much as possible the advocacy underlying the UN Conference on Sustainable Development, or the Rio+20 Summit.
3. All essays must be written in English.
4. Essays must not only “read” well but must also “sound” good when “read aloud.” Shortlisted essays will be read on-camera by their writers and the video, webcast.
5. The deadline for submission of entries is on 11 June 2012, 5:00 p.m.
6. Entries must be sent by email to: email@example.com, with a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line: “The Future We Want” Essay Writing Contest_(Your Full Name).
7. An email acknowledging receipt of entry will be sent to the applicant.
8. A shortlist of 10 entries will be chosen by a panel of judges on 12 June 2012.
9. The writers of the 10 shortlisted entries will be invited to undergo a verification exercise—an on-the-spot writing test.
10. Once the shortlisted candidates have passed the test, they will be invited to read their essays on-camera at the Venice Piazza at McKinley Hall, on 15 June 2012.
11. Video of the essay-reading will be streamed on UN Webcast as well as on various social networking sites on 20 June 2012—the opening of the Rio+20 Summit.
12. An online poll of the 10 shortlisted essays will be conducted on UNIC Manila’s Facebook Page from 21 June-10 July 2012. The essay that receives the most number of “Likes” will be adjudged “People’s Choice Awardee.”
13. A panel of judges will determine the top 3 winners on 13 July 2012.
14. The awards will be handed out in a ceremony to be held on 16 July 2012 at the Atrium of Eastwood Mall.
15. The First Prize Winner will receive P15000 and a trophy; the Second Prize Winner, P10000 and a trophy; and the Third Prize Winner, P5000 and a trophy. A “People’s Choice Award” will be given to the winner of the online poll.
16. The top three winning entries and the People’s Choice Essay will be published in a newspaper of national circulation.
Grabbed at: United Nations Information Centre(UNIC) Manila